Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Painting that Broke the Dry Spell

For those of you who don't know me, I love to paint traditionally on canvas. And I'll be posting more of my paintings on here. I'm actually considering opening a Esty store to sell some of them some time in the near future.

I feel like this painting was start of my creativity coming back to me, as I had a major artist block for a long while there, also it didn't help that I was working 50+ hours a week at Gener8 at the time. The amount of love I had put into the painting was unlike anything I've done in the past 3 years, and it really helped me open my eyes to a place I can call my home. However, a series of unfortunate events occurred shortly after my contract was over at Gener8. This experience has really been an eye opener for me, it showed me the true meaning of friendship, and for that I am truly happy to be going through this transitional stage in my life.

Here's a few progress photos of the painting I was making for my apartment at the time before the series of unfortunate events occurred.

14 X 16 Canvas with acrylic

I absolutely loved this painting, but I ended up throwing it in the trash. I had painted it for my apartment in Vancouver, BC., but due to the series of events I ended up moving back home to Toronto so it was a hassle to move with it. Plus, I felt like the painting held too many memories within every brush stroke I had made that I just didn't want to remind myself of this time in my life. My life is now once again, a blank canvas and I'm really looking forward for my new beginning.

I'll be painting a lot more now, that I've gotten myself out of the dry spell. I really feel like this change in my life is going to shape me into a better person and artist. On the plus note, I'll be moving to Manchester, UK for about 2 years or so within the next couple of months; and I have no doubt that I'll be bursting with creativity! 

Thanks for all of the support! :) XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment